Monday, May 7, 2018

Amazing What All I Did Today....Rare!

Today was an amazing day for me. I actually did more things today then I've done in a very long time. I even finished a project!! I'm so thrilled!

I was up and out the door by 9:30 am. I was a little late to our Brazilian Embroidery meeting, but that's okay, there isn't a time clock on each of us. We had about 6 of us show up. I pulled out my "Three Wishes" tea pot. I was able to get a few things done on that as well. It took me a little while to figure out what I needed to do, and now that I do, it will go pretty quick.


I finally pulled mom's needle case that I started before Christmas. It has been sitting there for a long time. I decided it was time to finish it and get it off my "WIPs." I finally finished it, and it's ready to go.


I had to take part of it out because I only put 1 of the "D" rings in. After it was all done, I realized what I did wrong. On top of that, I forgot how it was put together, and actually put a part on that should have waited till I had the sheets done. Oh, well, it still came out! lol

Before I started to finish that, I worked on the QOV quilt top. It's the Layer Cake - Disappearing Hour Glass pattern. I've got 9 blocks done so far.


Finished 2 more after I took this photos. I have found it easy and fun to do. My points are looking good. I like the way this has been coming out. I also realized the busier the fabric, the less one can see the pattern as well.

I also got a few piece in on my puzzle.

So, all in all, I got quiet a bit done today. I finished 5 blocks, and that was fun. I finished mom's needle case and that's big too!

I'm excited about finishing this quilt top for QOV. I've even been thinking of doing this pattern for myself as well - Yep! You heard me right, I'm thinking of doing one for myself. Me, the one that doesn't like to sew on the sewing machine! I was surprised myself. Now, let's see how long this lasts - the idea of finishing a quilt for myself....that is going to be really interesting!

What did you do today? Anything exciting? Would love to hear!

Keep it up and stay Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Enjoying Embroidery Today

 Patrick went golfing and I got a few things done before Sandy came over. We decided to get together today even though the others couldn'...