Monday, May 14, 2018

Another Hard Day - But A Good Day

The day started out a little later then usual. I enjoyed a good night sleep that I haven't had in a long time. I did enjoy the day to myself. It's been awhile since I've been able to stay home and enjoy the day.

I worked on the puzzle mom and I were doing yesterday. There seems to be a piece missing but won't know till I'm done. It's to the harder part of the puzzle.

I got the laundry going, putting a quilt in the wash. I had to dry it, so it's been drying on "delicate" for a couple spins. I need to move my close into the dryer now that I think of it. lol

I got a call from the Omnibusman  program at Mother Joseph's Rehab Center. I had to tell her what went on with dad while I was there with him. I had a hard time getting through that because I had to talk about him. She had started me off when she said she didn't want to make my Mother Day worse by calling then. I agreed with her, and knowing that upset me. We talked a good hour and I filled her in. THEN I got on my computer and my brother sent me a link to the "taps" for my father and his military friends - 6918th Taps Video - which got me tearing up again! We lived at Hakata Japan where this taps is remembering those we've lost. - Dad is now on that list...  The comment that really touched me was this - " Losing any one of our members hurts—but this one stings in particular.  Our condolences to the extended Taylor family." 


So, I took part of the day - in between the phone call and the email - I worked on my cross stitch. I'm getting "Spring" done. I'm so thrilled to see this much is done and can't wait to get more done. 

Tomorrow is going to be another busy day. 

I'm going to take a couple hours now and get some genealogy information into my family trees. I think I've added about 300 names over the last couple months. It's interesting at what I'm finding. I need to start putting this information into a book. I may do that with the records I have so far that I need to add to the trees. 

I hope everyone had a great day. Let me know what your working on! Would love to hear from you!

May we all stay Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching! 


No comments:

Getting Back To My Sewing Room

This morning, I decided to get back to working on my quilting stuff.  First I needed to clear off my table top to make room for cutting. I t...