Friday, May 11, 2018

Even Though It Doesn't Look Like It........

That's right, even though it doesn't look like it, I actually got some stuff done. I cleaned up my room, and I worked on a few things. It doesn't look like a lot, but it feels like a lot.

This morning I was up and went over to chat with Cherrill. We hadn't chatting in awhile, so I spent a good 2 hours over there. She loves to talk and we had things to talk about.

Came home around 11 am. Had to fold my laundry - those awful white clothes (hate folding those!). I was enjoying the shows on TV when Patrick came home. He took half the day off. Just what I needed!! - NOT! So, he went outside and I went downstairs.

I started cleaning up my counter top. I was going through all my QOV fabrics and putting them neatly back in the container. I was so shocked to see it filled the whole container and then some! I need to weed that out! So, I'm going to try and get more done over the summer. UGH! I need to get the fabric down. I took the "scrappy" fabrics and started cutting them up. Throw out the small pieces that I didn't want to deal with, and cut the scrap fabric into squares. I'm going to take them to Seminar and try to sell them. I know there are quilters in that group as well. I did 3" and 2" squares. They are in a baggie and ready to go!


I have been adding what I'm going to take to sell in this bag. It will be easier to carry. At least for now they will be out of the way.


My counter was full of this and more. I put all this away. Then I looked to see if there was a lid to this container and realized this was moms. So, no lid. Hopefully she will find it later. If not, Patrick can use it in the garage.


My table looks a lot better. I have an empty shoe box I can't decide what to do with. I like it and it's a good box to keep. So, empty and still on the counter.


Then I started to work on the bags again. I got this far on the first one. Decided it was time to eat, so called it quits.

Not before I got the binding on the quilt.


Used the backing fabric for the binding. That way it framed the QOV quilt that I made. I'm now going to stitch the binding on and get it washed before taking it to Judy to take up to the meeting next month.

I didn't get a chance to work on the blocks for another quilt top for QOV. I'm happy with what I've done so far.

I even got a few pieces in on the jigsaw puzzle I'm doing. So, all in all, I did a lot, but it just doesn't look like it. When I clean, it does look like I clean, but there is a lot of work there.

Mom called and she couldn't find her phone. I called the phone and she heard it, so she was calling her phone for awhile so she could find it. Apparently she threw it in the trash by her chair, so she dug it out. We laughed about that.

I have a few things I want to do. I may get them done yet. We'll see. I hope you have been as busy as I have or more so. Would love to hear about your cleaning, if you wish to share.

We can all be Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

One Appointment After Another

This morning we were able to sleep in, but of course, I couldn't. I let Patrick sleep in though. Then I played on my games.  I received ...