Sunday, May 13, 2018

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!

Today is Mother's Day. I know this was hard for mom today, with dad being gone. She went to church and came over here. She said she cried in church. Understandable.

I was enjoying the morning. I opened my daughter gift to me. We texted each other. She gave me a really pretty ceramic tea cup that has the strainer and lid. I love it! Phil called and said my Mother's Day gift and Birthday gift will arrive on Thursday. He called and we had a really nice chat. I love them both so much!

Mom came over after church. We worked on my jigsaw puzzle. We got it 3/4 of the way done! I was thrilled. Mom was working fast, and I was connecting what she was connecting. We really went through the pieces together. We tend to get a puzzle done fast when we work together.

We fixed a turkey today. I gave mom a lot of the leftovers. She loves to make soup, so I gave her all the stuff for that. She makes the best soup. I'm almost thinking she's going to make if for Friday knowing her. We'll see.


Daisy found the quilt that I'm binding.


She was making herself comfortable on the quilt. She loved being here She's really getting used to being around here.

We watched an old movie and then mom left around 7:30 pm. Now I'm going to try and work on the cross stitching. I did get two sides done on the quilt. It's way too hot to keep working on it. We got up to the 80's and more today. Way too hot for me.

I'm hoping everyone had an awesome Mother's Day, as I did. I wish everyone a great day, Mother's or not.  Keep being kind and stay Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Visiting With Friends

Today I was up with Patrick. He headed to golfing and I wanted on Gerilyn to pick me up. We had our embroidery meeting today.  We arrived on...