Friday, May 25, 2018

I Made Myself Keep Busy

Not that I planned to do that, but I did make myself keep busy getting things done. Not like I really need to keep busy, but I do need to get things done. Not  only crafts but housework as well. Which ended up by my doing both!

I was up around 8:30 am - a good sleep that I needed! I haven't been sleeping good lately, so when I do get a good nights sleep, I just keep sleeping.

The first thing I did, was noticed that the house was looking pretty bad, since I have been home much over the past few weeks. Plus I really haven't been feeling like doing much since my father passed away. So, it was time to "suck it up" and get going. Laundry went in, then mopped the kitchen floor, vacuumed the floor, and then cleaned up my mess under my end table. Amazing how much better one feels after the house gets cleaned!

I went downstairs between cleaning. I cut out more scrap triangles for the thread catchers. I cut out enough for 18 more. I have 7 done, from the original 10. I sewed them up, then ironed about 10 of them. I have enough to work on when I get the chance. Plus I can take my bag with me to sew the sides up and put the buttons on. I have it all ready to go now. It must have taken me about 2 hours just cutting, sewing, and ironing!

Kept talking to mom today. She had it rough this morning. We will go see her tomorrow, after the funeral she's going to. That is going to be really hard on her.

My genealogy book finally made it in today!!

-
They are "Genealogy of the Descendants of John White of Wenham and Lancaster, Massachusetts" 1638-1900- two volumes!!

So, I took the evening and worked on the White family in my tree. This family is connected to my family, as I added another 100 names tonight. I am trying to figure out where John hooks to the family, and figure I will get there. Benjamin is before his time or around his time, so I'm thinking he's related in the way of being Benjamin's brother or cousin. I'm looking forward to figuring out the connection. I also have some names in this book that may or may not connect to Patrick's family.

So, as much as I WANTED to work on the cross stitch, it didn't happen. Time just kept getting away from me. I did get a lot done today, but not as much as I would have liked. I can try and get some done this weekend.

Mom's going to her friends for a BBQ on Monday. So, Patrick and I are on our own. I'm going to have to get used to that. Seems mom would rather spend holidays with others then with us. I don't blame her, because we always did something during the holidays. Now with dad gone, we don't play cards, or play games. And I don't think mom and I are ready to do that again for awhile.

It's been a good day. I'm getting a lot done, and thrilled I'm able to get so much done. How was your day? Get much done?

It's busy that keeps me Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Enjoying Embroidery Today

 Patrick went golfing and I got a few things done before Sandy came over. We decided to get together today even though the others couldn'...