Sunday, May 6, 2018

It Turned Out To Be A Good Day!

This morning I was lazy. Didn't get dressed or even changed clothes till late morning.

This afternoon was a good day! I went downstairs and started working on my stuff. I decided to work on my bags first, that was a big mistake! It took me almost 2 hours to get the one done. All because of the heavy plastic that I put in the inside. It was one of those things where I had to decide if I was going to do a french seam or not. As it turned out - NOT! I did try to do the french seam but it was way too much work to get to it.


I did get 2 done, but they took way too much time. I was hoping to get them done a lot faster. After I did the 2nd one, I decided to call it quits with the bags - and I think the next couple bags are going to be without the plastic.

So, then I decided to get back to the QOV quilt top. I wanted to try and get another top done for them. So, I worked on those blocks.


I sewed the pieces together to make the hour glass blocks. I got quiet a few done actually. They are ironed and ready to go.


Then I cut one of the blocks up and sewed it up as well.


This is the end result. I really do like this pattern. It's pretty easy to do. I was really surprised at how well the went together - and if you look close enough, my corner match!! That has always been one of my problems. Now I'm happy to say, this didn't have any of those problems. If it stays this easy, then I may make more tops yet! I really do like this pattern, and it works best with fabrics that are close to solids.

I roasted my veggies. That was a good meal!

I did get a few stitches in on my cross stitch. I'm really pleased with the way that's coming. Almost done with my April part. I'll post a photo on Instagram tonight.

I hope you had a great days as well. Did you get any stitching or quilting done? Doesn't it feel awesome when you do?!

One more day gone and I'm still staying Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching

No comments:

Worn Out

 Today I slept a little longer after Patrick went golfing. I was wide awake when he went for his shower, but I made myself go back to bed.  ...