Sunday, May 27, 2018

It Turned Out To Be A Good Day!

Even though I was up at 2 am and went back to bed at 4 am, today was a good day. Patrick tried to sleep in but Phil was texting me at 7 am. lol


So from 3 am to 4 am I was working on this piece. I got a little more done. I'm happy with what I did. I was frogging some of it but now it's doing fine. The funny part is when I've been cross stitching all these years, and can't seem to count!! I get off by one stitch. Then when I'm done with that part, I'm looking at it and going, "Oh crap! I'm off!" Next thing, before I know it,  I'm take it out....hence the "frogging."

I enjoyed watching a couple TV shows and playing games. I got more done on my game. I'll have to pull out of the contests that we are in. I'm going to be way too busy over the next three weeks.

I baked a "Apple Stiff" that turned out really good. I wanted to do dessert for Patrick. This is like a bar and is really good. It's more like an apple pie then a bar.

While that was cooking, I was working on my thread catchers. I got two more done.


These are done and ready to go. I like them because they fold up flat. I'm going to be selling these are Seminar for our group to earn money. I have 9 completely done. They don't take long, but they do take time putting buttons on. Buttons today are not cheap either. I'll be going through my stash of buttons before too much longer....wonder why I keep them in the first place. I have a weird way of looking at them - "Oh, that's pretty....nah I won't use that one," "look at that one! It's so different, oh, shut, not enough of the same," or even, "It looks so old, do I really want to use an old button for this? Nah."

I'm going to work on a flyer for the Toyota we are selling. I'm going to enjoy doing that. Then I'm going to sit here and get some more information in on the family tree. I'm amazed at how much I've been able to find and enter. Maybe dad's helping me now that he's looking down on me.

We had supper at moms and then came home. It would be nice if we could get that house over there to be closer to her. It would make things easier on all of us.

Life is good, we are still moving along fine. Best wishes to all of you this holiday season. Please remember the Veterans that have passed on - including my dad. While your thinking of them and what they have done for us to be free - stay Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

One Appointment After Another

This morning we were able to sleep in, but of course, I couldn't. I let Patrick sleep in though. Then I played on my games.  I received ...