Saturday, May 5, 2018

Picked Up Some Flowers - It's Spring!

This morning we decided to go get some plants for the yard. Patrick is always looking for flowers this time of year. It was great! We went to DeGoede's. They have some really pretty hanging baskets. We bought 3 of them. They were $30 each but that's okay because their flowers last all summer compared to the others we've bought in the past.


They have plenty of flowers growing.


Even the trees are in full bloom.


They are best known for the tulips. I love walking around in the garden.


One of my favorite plants.

Then we headed over to Adna to get some smaller plants. Patrick heard from one of his workers that the plants in Adna are the best. So, we went to check it out. We spend plenty of money there as well.


This was one of my favorite ones they had growing.

Then we came home. Put the hanging baskets up, and Patrick went out and worked in his yard. He mowed the lawn.

While he was mowing the yard, I made dessert and then went downstairs.


Started sewing up the squares mom had ready for me. I got several sewn together, but I have more to do. I just did a few, then I cut them and sewed them up.


I have 2 blocks ready to be cut again. I also have that pile above the blocks to sew into blocks. I have a good pile there too. There are at least 2 each of the different colors.

I had to stop off at Billy's Fabrics in town to get more threads. So, now I can get moving on finishing the scrap quilt and this quilt top. I have two going right now. Really don't need two but I'm going to work on them. I like the way this one comes out and it does seem really easy to sew up. Mom had trouble, and that surprised me. She's really good with piecing.

Now we will be leaving soon. We are going the a play in town. It should be awesome. I can't wait to see this. It's a murder mystery. What fun!

We've been trying to figure out what we will do with my family coming next month. We need to figure out places for them to stay. Katt will be here and we have room for one more. Not sure what we will do. We need to chat with Katt and see what she wants to do while she's here.

Things are busy. We're still doing great. I'm still having fun with my crafts.

Have you started getting your yard ready for the summer? Lots of flowers or a few?

We all love to be Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!!

No comments:

Trying To Do More

This morning Patrick headed to golfing and I got laundry going. I was in pain this morning, and all through the day. I just let it be. It...