Friday, May 4, 2018

Spent The Morning Quilting!

This morning started out getting ready to go to moms. Patrick got home at 12:30 am. So, I really didn't get a lot of sleep. Was up and ready to go. Mom called and asked me to pick up a few things at Safeway for her before going over.

I stopped at Safeway and headed to moms. I arrived at 9:33 am and there were 4 gals already there. When mom called at 9 am, one of them was already there. I can't believe how early the quilters are showing up at moms. If she's not careful, they'll be at her door by 8 am! Martha has been known to do that - in the past. Dad just let her sit in her van till it was a good time to come in.

I worked on my black and white quilt for Katt. I was able to get a lot done. I left the quilt at moms so I could just pull it out and work on it when I'm over there.

After lunch, and everyone left, mom and I went up to Sharon's to pick up my QOV quilt. I need to work on the binding. We stayed about an hour while they showed us all their crafts. He used to do woodwork and stain glass work. Now he just quilts. He's doing an awesome job for our group.

Dropped mom off and came home. I brought back the stuff we were working on yesterday....


This is one of the blocks we did yesterday.


This is another, but it really didn't turn out as good as the one above it.


Mom grouped the 10" squares with light and dark. So I have plenty to work on. I just need to find the time to go downstairs and work on them. Patrick informed me he has a busy weekend coming, so I won't be working on a quilt top then....dang!


I have all this ready to work on. I really am getting the "itch" to go down there and working on this stuff. I just need to find the time to work on them. Mom was telling everyone that I was keeping her busy, but the truth is, she's keeping me busy. On the days I want to stay home, she wants me over. Can't win.


Now I'm going to get back to working on this. Trouble is, right now I need a nap! I didn't get much sleep and it's letting me know I'm tired. May just go on the couch and take a nap, since Patrick has been sleeping in his chair for the past hour. I should just join him of not being awake.

I'm looking forward to getting more done on the cross stitch. As well as getting a quilt block done for the group. That makes me Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

One Appointment After Another

This morning we were able to sleep in, but of course, I couldn't. I let Patrick sleep in though. Then I played on my games.  I received ...