Thursday, May 10, 2018

Yet Another Thursday Has Come And Gone

Today I was up earlier than usual. I really didn't want to sleep in today...go figure. I was up and moving. Then out the door......

Arrived at  mom's at 9:30 am. Took her dog for a walk so she could go to her hair appointment. She was out the door. Then she told me she would meet me at Dian's which as a surprise because last night she said she'd come back and we'd go to together to Dian's. I was to meet her there at 11 am. Her cleaning lady was there and we talked. She talked about her family and we had a good long chat. I played while she chatted. I took my tablet with me. 😁

I then headed over to Dian's where I met up with mom and Dian. She was cleaning mom's featherweight sewing machine. Mom was having trouble with the foot pedal. Dian was cleaning it up when I arrived. It was fun watching her clean the machine. I was saying how I love the featherweight machines. I used to take moms with me all the time when I had classes. Mom needed to get it working again so she could finish her quilt top (Double Wedding Ring) that she was doing in a class. Now she can finish her quilt top. Dian said she had a lot of machines that she's been collecting and cleaning. We made a deal so I could get one or maybe two of them. I'm happy. I'll have to work for it but I'm willing!

Mom took us to lunch. When we went back to moms, she gave me a stack of purples and the blocks she was making.


I know not all these are mine! So, now I'm going to have to clean up my quilt room again and get this all put away! Not what I was hoping for, but I will get this put away. Not too thrilled about it, but that's okay.


That bag on top was all these 9 patches. 188 total! I believe they are 4" squares. Now I need to get them put together. For some reason mom thought if she made these, I'd finish it into a quilt top. I don't remember that conversation, but she handed them over and said, "There you go." I said, "ugh?" Then she told me I said I would finish them. Brain was saying, "Uh, Nope. I don't quilt remember?!"  But my mouth said, "Oh, I thought you were doing this......Okay, I guess I can do this." Guess mom is really, really, really, trying to keep me quilting. Um, Um, Um, now what?! I have been working on two that I need to finish, and now to add another one, that didn't help......

Came home and the State Health Dept called me. I had called to make a complaint about dad's care at the Rehab Facility. She called and asked a lot of questions. I told her what about what went on while I was there and I told her how we tried to get better care for him. Mom wants to go after the doctor, and while I was talking to her, she told me they will investigate both the doctor and the facility for what happened. So, I will find out when they are done, to see if it could have been prevented. I told her dad wouldn't want me to sue but he would want me to make sure it didn't happen to anyone else. I'm going to try and get that for him. It will be interesting to see what they find out.

The day was good. I decided to sit here and work on my cross stitch since I didn't get any stitches in on it for about 5 days now. I really want to get this month done! I have more to do and want to get moving on it. Two projects need to be worked on and that is only in cross stitch!!


*Spring* is finally done. Now I'm working on the flower that goes next to it. It's fun. I'm enjoying this. I just wish I didn't have so much to do. I have the binding to do on the QOV quilt, and really need to work on that too. I'll try and do the binding tomorrow. I want to get it out of the house and on it's way. One less thing to worry about.

As you can tell, my brain is going from one thing to the next and back again. I'll just keep working on it!

So, how many things do you have going? Getting any of them done or worked on? Would love to hear from you! Stay Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!


No comments:

Getting Back To My Sewing Room

This morning, I decided to get back to working on my quilting stuff.  First I needed to clear off my table top to make room for cutting. I t...