Saturday, June 30, 2018

A Day Of Cleaning....UGH

This morning started out like any other day. I got up....Then the day started.

Patrick got up and asked what I wanted to do - go figure! I'm not used to being asked what I wanted to do or what I want to watch on TV....so, I said, of the choices I had, that we needed to go shopping. And that's what we did. We went grocery shopping.

Came home and unloaded the groceries. We had a small amount compared to usual.

Once all that was done, it was time to clean!

This was just after I pulled everything out of the shelves. This closet was full!


You can see some of the stuff I took out of the closet, and piled on the floor as well as the desk. 


Plus a few things were put in that desk as well. It was one big mess. I decided to start with the closet before working on the desks and the room. I figure if I got the closet cleaned out, it would be easier than doing the desks and putting more stuff in the closet. If I put it in the closet, it would be coming back out. So, closet first. 


I had two shelves that I didn't have before. I put some of my bookkeeping in there as well as my genealogy stuff. I have a ton of genealogy around the house. I have more downstairs as well as outside. So, I seriously need to get them done. 


So, that area that had three boxes stack, now has one box. I put the genealogy in the closet so it didn't clog up the room with boxes. Storage is so much better in the storage/file boxes. 

Then we decided to go to the Red Lobster for supper. We had one heck of a waitress! She was awesome! She replaced Patrick's potato because they put sour cream on it, and she even brought me more shrimp scampy because she didn't like the looks of the ones I got. We have enough left over for supper! So, we'll be having that tomorrow or Monday. 

After going there, we stopped in at Target, right next to Red Lobster. I wanted to get another box for the genealogy because my Taylor family box is overflowing. We picked up 2 boxes. They were only $8 and that's a lot cheaper than staples or amazon. I also picked up a box for my BE floss. It was $14, but I'm okay with that. It's a little nicer than the other boxes and see through. 

We got back home, I fixed the genealogy boxes and then I filled my floss box with the floss from the 2 boxes I had downstairs. 

Then, I found 2 letters sitting there on the desk - which still needs to be cleaned - and copied them onto my computer. Then I put them in my "Letters From The Past" blog. I only got 2 done today, but that will be coming. If you look closely, the binders at the top of the shelves has my genealogy letters that I have put into the blog. I have 174 letters, and that's since I started the block in 2012. Not the best, but I'll try and get moving on them. 

Tonight, I'm hoping to sit down and work on my cross stitching! 

Do you ever get in those moods to clean - something you don't normally do?? What's your "quick fix" clean up?

Looking forward to being Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Getting Back To My Sewing Room

This morning, I decided to get back to working on my quilting stuff.  First I needed to clear off my table top to make room for cutting. I t...