Monday, June 18, 2018

Always Enjoy Being With Good Friends

Today was our BFF meeting day. Brazilian embroidery day. I had it here because Pat wasn't coming and she's the one that opens the church. Lately the church has other things going, so during the summer we usually come here.

I was up early, got coffee ready to make, and waited. Cherry called and said she couldn't make it because she had an appointment change with her hair. She also was waiting on the lawn guys to go over to her place. That was the only one I heard from - other than Sandy (2) and Pat. So, I thought we'd have a good meeting......

10:00 am came and went. I texted Sandy and told her no one was there. We laughed and figured it would just be the 2 of us. She arrived first. About 5 mins later, Bev and Phyllis came in. By 10:30 am everyone that was coming was here - 4 of us. We had a great time. We talked about the Seminar and we worked on our stuff. Sandy and I worked on the "Shadow Work Flower" that we took the class on.


I was able to get the leaves worked on today. It went really quick, and it's really fun!

We had lunch, and then we chatted for a good while before they decided 2 pm was time to leave.

After they left, I sat in my chair and decided to work on my cross stitch. I need to get moving on this piece!


I had to rip out some of it, because I really was off. I did get more put in, so that's a good thing. I want to finish the area on the right, so I can roll this piece to work on the middle piece of June.

Patrick was home early. So, I stopped watching my shows and got dinner going. Now it's almost 8 pm and I need to work on my exercises. That's next. I am planning to get back to working on the cross stitch for the night. I will get back to the shadow work later.

All in all it was a really good day of getting stuff done! I'm happy to say, today was one of my better days in a long time.

What are you working on? Are you Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting?

No comments:

One Appointment After Another

This morning we were able to sleep in, but of course, I couldn't. I let Patrick sleep in though. Then I played on my games.  I received ...