Sunday, June 10, 2018

Getting Ready For Yet Another "Vacation"

This month is a busy month. Between going to San Diego, Seminar, and dads in-urnment. It is one thing after another for this month.

Today started out the same. I actually got moving on packing - again. I pulled out my sewing machine to see if I can sell it at Seminar. Had to clean the case, because it was pretty dirty. Funny how that happens when I haven't used it in over 5 years. I have a lot of stuff at the door, ready to go. Yet, there is more to do.

I did work on the thread catchers. I sewed the sides to 6 of them, and had 5 of them already done last night. Now I need to sew on buttons and may find myself doing that at Seminar. I can handle it. Sandy and I have been texted each other to make sure we have what we need. I need to pull out the folding table on the deck to take with as well.

I also work on laundry - yep, that laundry we brought back with us. I still have a couple more loads to do, but I'm getting it done before I leave. That way Patrick doesn't have to worry about it. He cleaned up downstairs and has it ready for my nephew and his family coming in about 2 weeks. Guess now that I think of it, it's about a week.

I got my pattern for June's SAL.


I did get a few stitches in on this piece. I'm at least getting time to put a few stitches in. It seems like this year has been hard for me to be able to do much stitching. I'd love to be working on more than one thing right now, but I am not so lucky.

Here's something from our trip -

We went to the Cat Cafe and had tea/coffee. We were able to go into a room and sit with the cats. It was over loaded, so we sat outside.


This was one of the cats there. This one is the "resident cat." But they did have more cats for adoption. They only had 8 of them when we were there.

Okay, as boring as my day was, I better get moving. I have a few more things to do before being ready for Seminar. Tomorrow I have to go and pick a few things up, so it's going to be another busy day.

In the meantime, I'm going to try and stay Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Trying To Do More

This morning Patrick headed to golfing and I got laundry going. I was in pain this morning, and all through the day. I just let it be. It...