Thursday, June 14, 2018

One More Day And We Head Back Home

Today we were up and off to our morning class. We took a class from Debbie Kelley called "Queen of Hearts." We all got a kit and some floss to go with it. We ended up paying a little more because it cost a little more then she thought it would. So, we all were happy to help her out.


This is Debbie Kelley's piece. Mine will be different.

I surprised myself by liking the class. I am going to do something different from her pattern, so it will be fun.

We then had lunch with everyone, but we seem to be sitting by ourselves more often then not. I did get Elaine to join us, since she seems to sit by herself a lot too. We don't mind.

Our next class was with Charlene N. She's an awesome teacher. That class was "Rose of Winter" and we worked on the roses that go to this piece first. Then we worked on the leaves, and lastly we worked on the pine cones. They were all great! I really enjoyed this class. I did my work on the original piece. I'm not a "doodler" when it comes to embroidery.





After class we headed to see what was on the list for dinner. They had food neither one of us could have. So, since we said we wouldn't be eating today anyway, we went out to eat. We tried to come back as soon as we could, but it took awhile while we were out. Came back and they had the general meeting going. We listened into the last part of it. Then they were doing the ice cream social. I didn't stick around to have any ice cream - still trying to behave! I came back to our dorm and had trail mix instead.

We sat in the gathering room and worked on our floss. We organized the floss we bought and have them ready to hang in our bins.

It's been a long day. We pretty much called it quits at 11 pm. I'm still going but dying out. So, I'm going to say, good night and Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!


No comments:

Still Thinking Positive

 This morning it was raining. Patrick decided not to go golfing. I don't blame him. I was able to get up and shower with little help tod...