Thursday, June 14, 2018

Second Day Of Seminar!

This morning Sandy and I slept in. We aren't doing the breakfast with everyone, so we ate in our rooms. I worked out great, because nether one of us are breakfast people - or she's not right now. She's lost 70 lbs so far, and has been doing great! So, she has her food for now. I just don't do breakfast, never really was crazy about breakfast after I turned 20.

We didn't have a class this morning, so we got a few things together, worked on a couple things, and then headed out to Acorn and Threads. That is an awesome shop!! One of my favorites. She carries a lot of cross stitch and flosses. I just love walking around there. I did buy some stuff! Plus I got 15% off because I spent over $100! It was nice. I only get there once a year, so I always prepare for the shopping there. I knew I would spend a lot. It turned out more than I thought, but I'm okay with at.



We then headed back to the University for lunch. We didn't do lunch yesterday, but paid for it, so we had lunch today which we didn't pay for if you consider the days we signed up. But then we look at it in the way that we paid for so many at lunch and so many for supper, so if we miss a day, we could pick it up the next time.

Our class today was with Ruby Scrubbs. She's awesome! One of my favorite teachers! I really enjoyed her class. We worked on Shadow work.


It's really quick and easy to do. I really, really like the technique as well as the design. This is so much fun! I got 5 of the petals done. Just need to do two more and then I'm done with the petal. All this work is done on very thin fabrics.

After supper we went and worked in the merchant mall. I sold 1 thread catcher. Not much, but at least one got sold. I may see if Rita will sell the others for me or think of something else to do with them. I don't think I have that many friends! lol

We then went to the lobby and worked on our projects. Sandy worked on the Shadow play and I worked on the Design class. I figured out what I'm going to do. So, I got to work on it. Had to use BE techniques with the beads. It's interesting. I sat with a 2 of the other 4 in my class. Elaine is doing a dog, and the other gal is doing a flower. I'll try and remember to take a photo tomorrow and post it here for mine.

It's midnight and ready for bed. Hope you are enjoying your time - whatever that may be. Try to be with me and stay Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Visiting With Friends

Today I was up with Patrick. He headed to golfing and I wanted on Gerilyn to pick me up. We had our embroidery meeting today.  We arrived on...