Monday, June 11, 2018

Yet Another Busy Day Getting Ready To Leave

It was another one of those days that seems to never end. I'm okay with the "never end" part, but we all know it does end.

Today started out by getting up out of bed - like every other day. Then I needed to get moving. I texted my nephew and then I was off. As I was out, got a call from mom asking where I was. I told her in the car and would meet her at her house when I'm done.

First trip was to Michael's for a sketch book. I want to have that since I'm taking a design class and figured I could use that for my designs and not for doodling.....let's see how far that goes. I found a few stickers for "vacation" that I bought as well. I'm going to put the San Diego trip into a book to enjoy. I figure since I have the stuff for "scrap booking," I might as well use it. I may even have a book to put it all in.

Next stop was to the gas station. Since we have a Safeway, I went there for gas. Got 70 cents off, which was nice. Then it was off to Dairy Queen to get their $5 meal deal. I bought mom and I a chicken salad that was awesome. Plus we got ice cream to enjoy after.

Spent time with mom. She didn't seem to be doing as good as she usually does. I told her I'd call her while I'm in Portland. We both had it rough today. We played a few games. I helped her with her Pogo game.

Then I was off again to Whalen Quilt Works to pick up some stuff to sell at Seminar for her. I have floss and a couple of kits. She's dropped the prices, so I'm sure they will sell. Once that was done, I headed home.

I called Cherrill to see if I could come over. Visited with her and had a good chat. Then mom called and she was having trouble with her TV. I helped her get through that. Then she called because she couldn't find her phone, so I called for about a half hour till she found it. Once again she called to get help on the TV. It was getting comical. She wasn't having a good day. We both had a bad day.

I had to go through our change jar to get enough change for when we sell stuff at Seminar. That will start tomorrow night. So, I'll work on my thread catchers while we sell stuff. I don't think putting buttons on will take that long. I have about 10 of them ready for buttons. I have 4 or 5 that need to be completed. Not sure I'll get there but I will try.

We are leaving in the morning. I need to be there in time for class in the afternoon. We need to get set up in our room. Plus we will be getting lunch on the way I think. Not too worried about it. I have oranges that I'm taking and will eat that. I need to get a mug to take with me to have my tea in. A few more things need to be done and then I'm good to go!



Last night I was able to get more done on here. I wanted to get it ready so I can work on the triangle for the June SAL. I'm looking forward to getting started on June, but the way this month is going, I think it's going to be hard to get caught up, but I'm going to try. Next week is when the family shows up again.

Today isn't over, and I have more to do. So, I'm still keeping busy (when I can) and Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Woke In Pain

This morning, I woke in pain. Actually, had pain all night. So, I pretty much didn't do much all day.   I think the pain is from moving ...