Friday, July 6, 2018

Adoption In The Works

Today was an interesting day all around.

I went walking with Cherry this morning. We only got about 3 laps in, because her back was giving her fits. We didn't want to push it.

Came home and got moving on the laundry. It was backing up quiet a bit. I'm happy to say that I'm close to being finished.

While working on the laundry, I was working on the family history. I started on Patrick's side of the family. The BANTA family. It's amazing what this family was all about. Some died by Indians, some had more than one child named the same name, and just about everyone has the "Epke" name for their middle name. One of his family relations had 4 children named Stephen, each dying in infancy. I told Patrick, if the first 2 died at birth, then I wouldn't name any more of my children the same name. Then I worked on my STURTEVANT family. They also go back to the 1600s.

Patrick surprised me by being home at 3 pm. He came home so we could go and adopt a cat. We found three that we wanted to consider. If I had my way, I would actually take 2 of them. lol I didn't push my luck by suggesting it. We found a calico cat, that is young. She's pretty and very lovable. She took to Patrick as well. That was one of the main parts of getting her. She had to be happy with Patrick as well. Since she hadn't been spayed yet, we have to wait till Monday and pick her up at the Vets. They are going to spay her before we get her. We talked about things we need to do, but we will wait, because anything can happen between now and then. We called the vets to get her rabbies shots while she's there. They were supposed to call me when they got the paperwork. They didn't call so far, but think they may call tomorrow. Betting she will be delivered there tomorrow and that's why we have to wait till 3-5 pm on Monday. Can't wait to get her!! I'm happy we finally got another cat!!

So, I haven't touched my cross stitch today, but will do that now. I'm actually tired of working on genealogy. I was having too much fun working on a couple of my games.

How was your day? Have you adopted a pet? How did that work out for you?

Now that we will have another cat in the house, I'm hoping I can stay Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Visiting With Friends

Today I was up with Patrick. He headed to golfing and I wanted on Gerilyn to pick me up. We had our embroidery meeting today.  We arrived on...