Friday, July 20, 2018

Spending The Day With Mom

Today was a pretty good day over all. I missed not being home, but that's okay too.

I headed over to moms after I stopped and picked up some bread and milk for her. Then I topped and got us some Chia Tea. It was really good, I hadn't had one in awhile.

We sat and drank the tea while she worked to get the corner of her quilt done. I was there to help her add the black border on it.


We put it out on her bed. We had to measure it in order to figure out what we needed for the black. It is gorgeous! Adding the black made it that much better.


Once we added the black, we needed to add some batting to make up for the difference. She had enough extra for the sides and bottom that we could add the batting to match up.

We had it all done by the time I left around 4:30 pm. Now she's put it back on the frame and is quilting on it as I type this. Knowing mom, she will have it done within two weeks. She's in love with this quilt. It's going on her bed.

I got home and relaxed with Sophie. Then I went downstairs.....looking all over the place for the fabric that I needed!! I couldn't believe I couldn't find my green fabric for my "Baltimore Liberty" quilt! --- Yet AGAIN!! Took me awhile, but i finally found it. I need to add more to the block.


This is the block I worked on, on Tuesday. I got some of the leaves done. I need to add more leaves and stems to work on this. I'm happy with the way it's coming out, and I need to work on it some more since it's been a year. I may end up taking this with me when we go to my daughters.

So, overall, today was an awesome day of being Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Woke In Pain

This morning, I woke in pain. Actually, had pain all night. So, I pretty much didn't do much all day.   I think the pain is from moving ...