Friday, August 31, 2018

A Good Friday

Today I decided I wouldn't go to moms. I just wanted to enjoy the day to myself. Lately, I'm getting selfish with my time. Probably won't have it when Patrick retires in 9 months. So, I need to enjoy as much as I can before then.

I played some games this morning. I enjoyed time with Sophie as well. Worked on laundry and slowly getting caught up.

Then in the afternoon I decided to work on my cross stitching instead of working on the genealogy.


I finished up the checker board quilt design. At least I think it's supposed to be a quilt Maybe not.


Then I worked on the other side. I got part of the quilt done, finished up the white circle. Then I noticed there was supposed to be some yellow in that area Since it doesn't need a lot, I'm going to do the stitches over the white. It should work, if it doesn't then I'll take the row out and redo it.


So, I'm actually getting there. I worked on getting piece in the sewing machine done. I started the off-white area for the tag that says "Homemade." I'm almost thinking once I get the stitching done on this part, I will get working on the outline so that I can have part of it done. I really think there is a LOT of back-stitching and if I do it as I go, then it will get done faster. Plus hopefully, it will look better.

My younger brother and his wife are off to Germany today. They sent a group text that was to 9 people. Patrick and I included. Well, as it turned out, there were about 30 texts back and forth. So, this afternoon my phone was beeping for a good half hour. Oh, what fun! lol

Now it's back to being Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!!

No comments:

Woke In Pain

This morning, I woke in pain. Actually, had pain all night. So, I pretty much didn't do much all day.   I think the pain is from moving ...