Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Middle of The Week!

I had a hard time getting up this morning. Part of that I think was because of the pills I took at 4 am. If I had read it right last night, I would have read the part, "Do not lay down for 10 mins after taking," and I just went straight back to bed.

Cherry called and wanted to have tea. I loved the idea and went over. I enjoyed a couple hours with her. She showed me a book that her mother gave her. It was old and had beautiful hand writing about laws in MO. There were newspaper clippings and thing pasted over the book pages. I believe MO would love to have those because they were done in the 1860's. Trouble is, the paste they used to put the post cards and things over them, are really stuck on. It would take a professional to be able to remove those to get to the laws. I believe they were well done and well thought out, from what I read. It was awesome.

Came back home and worked on my cross stitching.


I was able to finish August's piece. I like the way it turned out.


I started working on it today at this point. I took a photo of the full part, but I can't seem to pull it off my computer.

So today was a good day! Life is good. I'm getting there. Tomorrow is another day. I'll probably be sleeping all day after my teeth work. The funny part about all this, is that it's all from having braces as a teenager. If I hadn't had the braces, my teeth would have been fine. They never told my parents that I needed to see the dentist and when they asked, they were told no, I didn't need to see a dentist while I had braces. When they were taken off - 4 years later - I had 7 cavities. 2 were really bad. The one that was the worst, was later pulled and a bridge put in. Well, 25 years later, that bridge got infected, which infected one of the other teeth holding the bridge.....so, I could have a bridge that covered 2 missing teeth or I could get implants. I truly wish I had done the implant when that tooth messed me up about 25 years ago. So, now here we are, 45  years later, and this tooth (missing) is a pain in my mouth!! Lucky me!! I just hope that's the end of this pain in my mouth!!

I'm good, I'm still Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Getting Back To My Sewing Room

This morning, I decided to get back to working on my quilting stuff.  First I needed to clear off my table top to make room for cutting. I t...