Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Spent The Day With Mom - Made English Muffins


This morning I was up early so I could get to moms early. I stopped and got us both some tea. Then I arrived to mom getting her feet being worked on. I had to wait because they then went to another neighbors house so he could get his feet done too.

While mom was away, I got the counter cleaned off and ready for baking. I then started working on the recipe by putting the dry ingredients in a bowl. When mom arrived, we finished added the rest and I taught mom how to knead. She did pretty good for the first time. We talked about great grandmother baking bread and had a good chat while we worked the dough for 10 mins.

Once it was worked, we cut them into round circles for muffins. I realized we didn't roll them out thin enough, because they ended up being pretty tall when cooked. They were perfect though. I brought home about 4 of them and mom took the rest. Told her to put them in the freezer and eat as she needed them. We plan to do this once a month. That way she doesn't have to buy them and the stuff we make is better anyway.



Next week we are planning to do another kind of bread.

I did work on my black and white quilt while I was waiting. We watched the Great British Bake Off with just Paul Hollywood and Mary Berry telling how the make their goodies. I'm in love with what they do. So, I've been getting in the mood again to do more baking. I figured out what I can do for the sugar and it works great.

Patrick got off work early and wanted to go to Papa Pete's Pizza. So, I got home around 3 pm and we headed over there. We had a really good pizza. Expensive but good. I cried the whole way home. I remembered dad always being at the door waving good-bye with a smile. I also remembered how dad would come in and see what we were doing and help. Then he would taste, and before you knew it, he had a good little bit all eaten up. Oh, man! Do I ever miss that man!

Came home and I played my games for a bit. Then I got back to working on my cross stitching.


I worked on the peachy area. I'm trying to get that done. I did find a mistake, so the frog came out. I took out what was done wrong, and fixed it. Back on track again. Funny how that works. Plus it never fails! I feel really good and keep working, then the next thing you know, OOPS, a mistake and time to rip out. At least this one was only about 7 stitches, so I can whine too much.

I'm doing okay now. I'm sad, and happy at the same time. Mom and I had a good day and talked about what we would do next. She loves it that I come over on Wednesdays and we can do this. She's getting back to wanting to cook and bake. It's a good thing.

It is always nice when we both can be Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

A Day In Olympia

 This morning, we were up early. We wanted to relax before heading up to Olympia for our doctor appointments.  We were there by 10 am to get...