Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Baked Bread, Cross Stitching, And Bowling

What a day. It started out with baking bread and ended up with bowling. Guess I can call this a success of a day.....at least I can hope it is.

This morning I woke early and enjoyed playing a few games while laying in bed before moving. I only did that for about a half hour, but it still felt good. Sophie really didn't want me getting up. While I was making the bed, she was letting me know she didn't want to move. When I moved her around, she would tuck her head around letting me know she still wanted to sleep. Instead, I made the bed, and then went looking for some good bread recipes.

I looked up my Bread book. Found a couple of recipes that sounded good, but wasn't sure what they meant when I was reading them. So, I went to YouTube and looked up Paul Hollywood's recipes. I watched a couple of his videos. Once I had that down, I pulled out his recipes and got to work. I made the Blooming Bread. It looks awesome.


I started the first one. Then I wondered if it would turn out okay. It didn't raise as fast as I thought it would. So, I started another one. The second felt a little better, but they both turned out great. I was shocked. Yep, shocked, because these were the best breads I'd made so far in my opinion. I'm so proud about these. Texted Scott and told him to come over and get the other one. He did, and it was so funny! He sniffs the bread each and every time. Well this time he got flower on his noise!! It was so funny! I get a kick out of how much they love my bread.

While the bread was cooking, I was working on my Sept part of my SAL.

I put the star in and then had to take it out again. I had it off by one stitch. I was able to get it back in. This is looking good and more is getting done. Felt good to be back to working on this.

Then it was bowling time. We were bowling Barb's team, and she wasn't there. We still won all 4 games. I bowled a 183, 157, 178. So, that made me loose 3 pins on my average. UGH! Patrick gained 7 on his and passed me up!! I was enjoying it that I was ahead of him! What a pain.....oh, well.

Tomorrow is our quilting meeting. Will pick mom up and get going.

OH! Hard to believe I was tracked at walking 9,619 steps. It must have been while I was kneading my dough. lol

Things are good - Plenty of time to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Still Thinking Positive

 This morning it was raining. Patrick decided not to go golfing. I don't blame him. I was able to get up and shower with little help tod...