Sunday, September 16, 2018

Relaxing Day....And Then There Was Bowling

Today I slept in longer than Patrick. That really surprised me. Usually I'm up way before he is. But I put my "blinders" on at 5 am and went back to sleep.

We pretty much had a relaxing day. We watched TV and Netflix.

I made a plum tart today. It had marzipan in it. Patrick went to the store and bought it for me. Then I made the tart. I guess I'm still one of those that doesn't like fruit pies, and having this as a tart wasn't any better. I really didn't care for it, but Patrick liked it. Guess he's got his desserts for now.

Then I sat down and watched TV and Netflix with Patrick.


Was able to get more done on this piece. I'm getting closer to finishing up this months. Then I can go back to the other piece. I was enjoying this. It's going along great. I really haven't fun working on this. I love how it comes alive as I go. I really haven't had too much trouble with following the pattern and I haven't had to rip out a ton - LATELY.

Then it was time to go bowing. We did pretty good, but I didn't do well at all! One of these days I will figure out what I'm doing wrong. You'd think being left handed it wouldn't be a problem, but that is an under statement. I bowled a 144, 162, 170. So, I dropped another pin on my average - which was 161. Now it's 160. UGH I just couldn't seem to hit the pocket. I hit my mark, some of the time! Then when I didn't hit my mark, I would do better. I moved a board here and there. No such luck. No matter what I did, I couldn't get in the pocket.

Came home and got my sourdough kneaded and ready to raise overnight. I'm thinking of adding garlic to it in the morning. I'll roast it before I head to embroidery.

Tomorrow is another day.

I have been worried a little about my friends in NC. Sherri Fields (another blogger too), is in NC and in the line of the hurricane aftermath. I hope and pray she is safe. I hope and pray they didn't get hit too hard. That area is where my ancestors are from. I hate to see all that destroyed after all these years. Best wishes and prayers to all who live in the flood zone. I have my brother's godfather living there too. I think of him often.

We all need to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!!

No comments:

Trying To Do More

This morning Patrick headed to golfing and I got laundry going. I was in pain this morning, and all through the day. I just let it be. It...