Friday, October 26, 2018

Another Good Day With Good Friends!

Today I was up with Patrick. The phone was going off with texts so I decided to get up.

I was out the door and on my way to  moms. First stopped at the post office to ship one of my eBay packages. Arrived at moms and she needed me to walk her dog again. We took a short quick walk. Then I loaded up my van with the stuff for the quilt show to sell. Mom wanted to go to the bank first, so we went there.

We went to the Christian School where the quilters were getting together and quilting. A couple of them were finishing up one of their quilt tops. Others were quilting on their quilts. There are a lot of hand quilters there. Mom and I were teaching a gal how to hand quilt left handed. I showed her what I did and mom taught her a little more. I showed her how to hold the needle. Then I went back to working on the binding of my QOV quilt.


I was getting a lot done today. I have about 3/4 of one side left to do. It's almost done. Can't wait to have this done. I seriously need to get more tops done, but I really, really need to get back to my cross stitching.

At about 12:30 pm I left and went to see Dian. We worked on one of her dolls for sale. I called Ruth about the Santa dolls she was selling. She said she wanted them, so I paid Dian for them and then canceled the post. We worked on her quilting patterns to see why they were not working on her computer. They were not allowed to be shared. She wasn't doing good today. It was 3 years yesterday that her son dead. He was younger than me and my younger brother. She's having a hard time with this death and I don't blame her.

Came home around 3 pm. Had to stop at Safeway for milk.

I've been working on the binding of the quilt now.

I even went a changed my Facebook photo to Sophie.


She's a beauty!

While I was enjoying my time with the quilters, one of the quilters made a good comment.-

Women know how to meet with friends, join other friends, and have a good time. It's really true. We get together, chat about everything. We don't have a problem meeting with other friends doing something different. It's like me. I have a Friday quilt group - all have different attitudes and projects. I then go to my Thursday group and they have a completely different way of looking at things then the Friday group. Plus they are younger than Friday's group. I then go to my embroidery on Monday's and that's another group. All in all, we can communicate and have a good time. It made me wonder why our government can't do the same. Weird. We all work together, compromise and enjoy our time together. The QOV group is a group that works to get quilts to our veterans and will work hard to get them a quilt. All this has been fun and at times exciting!

Which leaves us all Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching.

No comments:

Still Thinking Positive

 This morning it was raining. Patrick decided not to go golfing. I don't blame him. I was able to get up and shower with little help tod...