Monday, October 29, 2018

Spent The Day With Mom!

This morning while I was relaxing, mom called. She wasn't doing so good today and wanted to know if I would come over.

I got my shoes on and headed over. Stopped and picked up a couple Chai Tea. That made mom's day. She was thrilled to have some tea.

We took her car over to LeDuc's to have it checked out, then went to dropped the coffee (yep, got coffee instead of tea - wasn't thrilled!). After dropping that off, when to Starbucks to get my replacement. While I was in there, mom saw a sign "40% off everything in the store today." That was at Payless Shoes. So, we went over there for her. She picked up a pair of shoes, boots, and a backpack. When we were done, we went to "Once Upon A Time" for lunch. We split a sandwich and then headed back to her place.

We worked on cutting out another QOV quilt. We got the red and white part done. I brought home the rest of it, and will try to cut out the rest of it tomorrow. Then mom and I can work on putting it together. I had to leave, so we didn't get the blue part cut because of that.

Stopped at Safeway on the way home. When I got home......Sophie had my floss for my Seasons SAL (the red and blue one), in pieces in the kitchen.......I freaked out!! Good news is there was only a small part in the kitchen and the other bigger piece of the floss was on the floor by my chair. It was in knots, so I had to rewind the floss. I then went downstairs and got my container for yarn. I put the floss in that for now. UGH


This is the quilt I finished 2 days ago. It's all ready to go. I need to put the label on the back. Then it's ready to be presented to one of the two on the 7th. It was all from the scraps that I had from Donna.



This is a better picture. Had Patrick hold up the quilt. It's another one to add to my booklet on what I've done for QOV. I need to get my book updated.

I took the quilt out of the bag and that was good enough for Sophie. She decided she has a place to sleep now.....go figure!



Now, I'm just relaxing for now. I'm not sure what I'll be in the mood to do. Rose and I changed the date of when we would get together again.

I'll be thinking of being Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!!

No comments:

Got A Little Carried Away

 This morning I felt so good. It was the first night since we got back that I have had a good nights sleep. It was good for me. Even though ...