Monday, November 26, 2018

Another Monday.....Being Lazy

This morning I enjoyed laying around before getting moving. I didn't have much to do or lets just say, I wasn't planning on doing much.

So, I didn't do much. I played games for awhile. Then I got moving on my puff pastry before going downstairs to cut out another quilt top - that didn't last long. I cut out some of the pieces for a quilt, but then I cut the wrong size, and now I have to fix them by sewing a couple pieces together to make up for what I did wrong. That ticked me off, so I decided to give it up for today.


I sent Patrick these photos to see what he liked better for what I wanted to do. I decided I'm not making anymore blocks, so I have them set like this for a sashing. He told me he couldn't see the sashing - which is actually there. It's a lighter color.


He suggested a tan color, so I put my tan fabric out there, and I wasn't crazy about that one.



This didn't work out at all. 


Then I showed him what little I had of the blue, and he liked that better. Actually I do too. Trouble is, I don't have enough of that fabric, so I'm going to need to go buy some navy blue to finish this up. I decided to put the blue blocks in the middle - that would be 2 x 3, but a sashing there, and then put the three on the side with a block in the corner. After that, I'll border it again, maybe with a white strip and then blue again. That way it will be the size it needs to be for QOV. I really didn't want to do any more blocks for this. I think it will work out great. I can hope! So, next time I go out, I'll get 3 yards of fabric for it. 

Then I decided it was time to give it all a break and go back upstairs to quilt. I'm quilting on the black and white quilt, and it's really getting closer to being done. I don't have a long way to go. I'm thinking of the lines I'm going to do for the border. I need to get them close enough. 

Even though I was lazy, I did get a few things done. I'm looking forward to tomorrow in hopes of getting more money to our donation. 


Tuesday, November 27, 2018 is the national Day for Giving to charities
 and organizations that serve the community. We sincerely hope that you will
 join this holiday tradition and support the QUILTS OF VALOR 
FOUNDATION (QOVF) with a donation that will help us in our work to honor
and award our Veterans and Service Members across the United States 
of America.
image.png
Click Here for Facebook Donations!

Thank you to those of you that donate - it's greatly appreciated.
I'm still Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!!


No comments:

Trying To Do More

This morning Patrick headed to golfing and I got laundry going. I was in pain this morning, and all through the day. I just let it be. It...