Tuesday, November 27, 2018

No Donations Were Made To Help Us


This morning I slept till 9 am because I didn't get to sleep till 3 am. It was awful.

I checked Facebook to see if donations were made to be matched....NOPE. So far my children where the only ones that donated. I told my son not to donate and if he really wanted to give me the money I would use it in the quilts I make. He said he would do that. We could have used the money in our group, but that's the way it goes. I may try to get donations later after the first of the year. Then again, I'm a little miffed my brother's didn't donate since I donated to their children's stuff. Oh, well. What we got I'm very thankful for!

I ran over to Judie's to get the backing and batting for 2 quilts. I have one ready to go to Bill, and I'll pick up the three as I drop off another one. I then went to Whalen Quilt Works and picked up 5 yards each of a blue and red. I needed that to do the quilt top I was thinking about yesterday.


Patrick and I decided I would do a row of red and a row of blue, doing the blocks as every other. I know that doesn't make sense but I know what I need to do. I have to measure the blocks, then I can cut the same size of the red and blue.

Came home and found out one of our military friends that lives in Olympia requested a quilt. I worked my magic to get it to our group. I want to honor him, as he served with my father. Of course, that made me very emotional today. I haven't been doing very good today, as the tears are coming all over again. ugh. I decided I'm going to work on another eagle for him. Mike needs an eagle like the one I did for dad. I can do this!!

I then sat down and worked on Kaatt's quilt. The Black and White quilt is getting done. I'm at the last few stitches! Then I will be doing the border and calling it done! I'm almost jumping for joy!! I really do want to get this done for Christmas now. I don't have much time, but if I keep doing the stitching at night, it will get done.

Mom called and said she's having a great time. She's been enjoying her visit. She bought herself a new laptop and a new phone. All expensive, but that's what she wanted.

I tried puff pastry again today....not so good, but I'm getting there and it's going to take time to figure them out. Once I do, then I think it will be awesome!! Can't wait to get the kinks out!!

Loving being Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!!

No comments:

Getting Back To My Sewing Room

This morning, I decided to get back to working on my quilting stuff.  First I needed to clear off my table top to make room for cutting. I t...