Monday, November 12, 2018

VETERANS DAY - WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY?

Today I woke early. Got up and played a few games. Had a couple hours of time to myself. 

Then I got in the mood to go downstairs and work on another quilt top for QOV. I think that's an awesome way to spend Veterans Day - honoring them with a quilt!


Mom cut 2 quilts for this pattern. So, I needed to get working on them. 


I had to work on the "flying geese" pieces. That is the part that takes FOREVER! Between sewing, cutting, sewing, cutting and then sewing. It was a major pain in the back doing that many flying geese. There are 13 blocks of each color.....so multiply that by 4 and you have that many flying geese pieces. It's the the easiest way to do flying geese, but it does save on fabric. I did this on another quilt I did so, it was easy enough to figure out. The instructions really don't explain it right. 


Once all the flying geese where done, I was able to get my star blocks going. I only finished 5 blue and 6 reds. I have a few more to go. I'm hoping to get them done by tomorrow. I really want to take this up to get quilted I have the other top that I need to take to the quilters. If I can take two or three tops that would be awesome. We have 4 quilts now that need to be giving out. 

Susy told me she has a quilt to be quilted. I told her I'd get it to Bill to quilt since I have a quilt top as well. I called Judie but she's out today. Not sure if I will get there or not. Will keep working on it 

So, how was your Veterans Day? I hope you honored a Veteran in some way. Even if you paid for their meal at a restaurant, said "Thank You" to them - specially a Veitnam Vet. They need the "love" the most!

I hope you have a great day, with family or without. Thank you, if your a Vet. I send you my love and thank you for your service. I wish I could hug dad and say the same, but life goes on. 

May we all be Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!!

No comments:

Trying To Do More

This morning Patrick headed to golfing and I got laundry going. I was in pain this morning, and all through the day. I just let it be. It...