Sunday, November 18, 2018

What A Day...........................

Today I was up early and it felt good. I enjoyed a hour of peace and quiet. Sophie slept next to Patrick and I wasn't bothered with her running around till after he got up. You would have thought someone put a firecracker under her!

Patrick worked out in the yard. Got the rest of the leaves done. Neighbors hate our oak tree because it leaves leaves in their yard. I love the tree. But they want to cut it down. I'm not liking that at all. So, they will just have to live with it.

I went downstairs


I wanted to work on the stars for the quilt top I was doing. Then I realized, what I said yesterday was WRONG! This quilt couldn't be done in one day! The stars themselves took a good 2 hours! I couldn't believe it, but when you do satin stitch on the machine, the machine doesn't move very fast. 

/

I put all the stars on the blue pieces before I cut the fabric. I had 5 1/2" strips that I sewed the stars to. Then I cut the strips to the right size and sewed them on to the red or white fabric. 


I have them all stitched in groups of 2 strips. The last set is 3 strips. I will sew them all together tomorrow and then this quilt top will be done. I have one more done! I need to work on a few more, because I just got 2 requests today and will be getting 2 more after they re-submit them, because they got lost in the system. I know about those and they need to be done asap, since they have been waiting over a year. We have 3 quilts being quilted, and I'll try to have 2 done to take up when I pick the others up. 


While I was trying to get ready to go bowling, Sophie decided to lay in the sink. 


It was like a game to her, I think. She was playing around in the sink. Patrick told me he bleached the sink today, wonder if it was the smell that did it for her. Who knows?!

Then it was off to bowling. Not my best night. I laughed all the way through bowling. I couldn't believe my luck!  I bowled a 145, 169, 212. At least I got another 200 game! It helped raise my average to 171. We probably lost 2 or 3 games. It depends on what the new guys average is. We all bowled bad. Nick just throw the ball down the lanes in the 3 games. So, he only bowled a 127. This from a guy who has a 200 average. Oh, well. I still laughed. It was his problem, not mine. 

All in all, it was a good day. Dan won't be joining us for Thanksgiving, but that's okay. He still knows he's welcome anytime. 

Tomorrow is embroidery. I'm looking forward to it. That will keep me Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!!

No comments:

Still Thinking Positive

 This morning it was raining. Patrick decided not to go golfing. I don't blame him. I was able to get up and shower with little help tod...