Monday, December 10, 2018

A Day Of Reflecting

Today I was up and getting moving. I started the laundry and then I mopped the kitchen floor. Sophie was following me. I know Patrick vacuumed yesterday before he decorated...that's what he does.

I was working on my booklets today. I wanted to get them updated. I have 3 booklets that I found are outdated. I do "dairies" of my quilts and QOV. I couldn't believe I was 2 years out dated. But then the way I've been going, it was normal for me. 2 of the books were QOV related. One was on my dad's quilt and the other of what I'm doing with QOV. Hard to believe it's been 2 years. It seems so much less.

As I was doing the book on dad. I thought about the year before he passed. The year were I had a feeling I needed to get his quilt done and soon. Just like I had the feeling to do Patrick's mom's quilt and get it to her. Also the time I wanted to get a quilt made for his Uncle, but I knew it wasn't going to be done in time. So, I had someone else try to get his quilt to him. All in all, I had the feeling they were not going to be around much longer. I remember leaving mom and dads place, and thinking I need to give dad a hug and kiss before I go, I might not be able to much longer. When I turned back to dad to do that, he laughed and said that exact thing, "yah you better, I might not be around much longer." It was as if he read my mind when I went a kissed him. I told him it was a feeling I just had to do. We talked the year before he passed. He would hint to me, he wasn't going to be around. Like when he bought the grill for the Gather Place at Stillwaters. I asked why he did it, and he said he wanted a better grill then the one they had. Plus, he might be able to use it once, but didn't think he would ever use it. When I asked why he would say that, he laughed and said, "who knows, I may be cooking for them again." In life I think we know, we just don't pay attention to what we are being told. How many times I've ignored that angel in my ear that tells me something and I go one without responding. But I did with dad. I heard it, responded to it, and then refused to listen to what my angel was telling me. No one wants to accept the death of a loved one, but I find I've been told if only I listened.

My booklets are up to date, except one - the QOV one. I have so much that I've done over the past 2 months that I'm tired of writing it down. I'll work on it in the next few days to get caught up or I'll write a long information page to get me caught up and move on.

While I was doing laundry, I had a helper. Not the kind of help I wanted, but she just wanted me to know she was there.


Miss Sophie likes to go into the dryer to see what got dry. Then she stays till I pull her out. I try to keep her from going in, but when I hang up a shirt, she's there. I got her out, and was able to get the rest of my laundry done. I keep her away from the dry clothes, as I don't need any more hair on our clothes then we get when she comes near us.

I got a call that my next quilt is done quilting. I checked with Faye to see if she could pick it up. She didn't answer back, but I'll know tomorrow, I guess.

I pulled out my cross stitch and I'm going to work on that tonight. I'm a little tired of quilting stuff, so I'm going to do my cross stitch tonight.

I'm going to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!!

No comments:

Woke In Pain

This morning, I woke in pain. Actually, had pain all night. So, I pretty much didn't do much all day.   I think the pain is from moving ...