Sunday, December 30, 2018

A Good Day Of Sewing

Today we didn't have plans - other than bowling.

Of course Patrick didn't like my stacks in the computer room, so I cleaned up my pile of genealogy and put them away Then I was about to go back downstairs to sew when I remembered we were going to move a few of my plants downstairs because of Sophie. She love my plants. So, I took a plant downstairs, and before I knew it, we were cleaning up the blue room.

In between cleaning, I asked Patrick to help me get a photo of the quilt that's going to be given out on Wednesday.

-

This is another finish. This is ready for giving out. This is one of the ones Ethel was binding. This makes 3 done for this year.

At least I had some of the flying geese cut. Then I had to sew them together again. When I'm doing 12 blocks of 2 different quilts, it wasn't moving very fast. Trouble is, I have 12 more smaller blocks that have to be done as well. So, it's going to be awhile on this one.


After helping get the two rooms cleaned up, I went back downstairs and worked on sewing the flying geese into star blocks. It worked out great. This is the mess - with the other blocks under these.


This is the blocks. I'm surprised - so far - that I can get the eagles to all go the right direction. I'm hoping all of them will work out great. If not, I may have to cut a couple more squares and get them to work. So, far it's working out, and that has really surprised me. I was hoping it would work, but I'm usually not that lucky.

Then it was off to bowling. We won all four games. Dan brought his girl friend with him. I really like her. This is a keeper if he can keep her. He bowled really good tonight and beat me. I bowled a 190, 168, 201. It really felt good to be back to bowling the way I used to. This last month had me thinking about whether or not I wanted to keep bowling after this year is over. I brought my average up one pin, so that makes me even happier. Patrick didn't bowl so good. The rest of the team covered for him. Nick was in a good mood, so he bowled a 657. It helps when he's in a good mood. Nick and Joanne will join us tomorrow for New Year's Eve.

Which puts me to the point of vacuuming tomorrow and picking up to get ready for company. Once I have the house nice, I'll go downstairs and try to get more of these quilts done. I will be busy for a couple days on these quilts. I'm thinking I'll do another one like the finished one I have.

I'm getting more done for Veterans, and that makes me Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!


No comments:

Woke In Pain

This morning, I woke in pain. Actually, had pain all night. So, I pretty much didn't do much all day.   I think the pain is from moving ...