Thursday, December 13, 2018

Didn't Stay Long With Friends

This morning was one that I really didn't want to get up for. Not sure why, but I was wanting to sleep more. I behaved and got up anyway.

I checked to see where my scissors where. I had a pair missing and wanted to take them with me to our meeting. I found them under the chair. I was texting Susy about the quilt kit that was donated. We will do it for Mike. I'd like her to make it, and I'll do some applique. We will chat about it before I get started. I'm not sure I can do a good job of putting it together.

Anyway, was off to our meeting. Got there before everyone else. Enjoyed some time with Rita, and picked up a gift for our embroidery party on Monday. It's going to be here at the house. So, I need to get ready for that this weekend. I was able to get a few things done.


I appliqued the two eagle feathers. I was able to get the tops and bottoms of the wings done. I didn't have much done on the first one, and was able to get the second one done as well. It felt good to have them done. Now I need to work on the body. I'll get moving on that soon. I need to get it ready. Then I'll have to put it on the background to get it down. When I finished them, I decided to come home.

On my way home I stopped at Safeway to get milk and pork chops. I needed to get something for dinner since I forgot to take anything out.

I arrived home around 1:30 pm. I got my lunch and sat down to watch a few shows. I pulled out my cross stitching as well.


I'm happy to say, I have been getting a lot done. I finished up the triangle on the side. Now I need to go into the center area and get that moving. I will work on it.

Guess I'm getting to the point where I want to be alone again. Not sure why, but I am. I will be going to our Christmas lunch with moms quilt group tomorrow. I hope I'll do better. I need to enjoy myself with friends and feel thankful I have friends.

Tomorrow is another day and I'll stay Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!!

No comments:

Still Thinking Positive

 This morning it was raining. Patrick decided not to go golfing. I don't blame him. I was able to get up and shower with little help tod...