Monday, December 17, 2018

Qu=

Today I was up and running. Had to get the house vacuumed and clean up a few things before company arrived. Patrick helped decorate the table last night, so that I didn't have a lot to do. Cherry called to say she wouldn't make it, she wasn't feeling good. I brought her gift for the exchange. I have her gift here and will take it to her tomorrow.

Pat arrived first and then the rest started coming. We had 8 of us. It was so much fun. We didn't get any work done, just chatted the for beginning of the party. At about 11:10 am I asked if they wanted to eat first or do the exchange first. They all wanted to do the exchange. So, I read the story, "Suing Santa" which was a LEFT, RIGHT game. It was fun and I took my time reading the story. it was a kick watching them figure out left and right! Everyone was pleased with their gifts.

We then sat down and eat. There was plenty of food as usual. I got to keep some. We then chatted more. Told stories of growing up and what was one of our favorite Christmas stories.

Goergie picked up some fabrics for QOV blocks. She's going to make some blocks for me and I'll put them together. She took some fabric to help her out.

Then everyone was gone. I sat and watched some TV and got laundry going again. Enjoyed a couple hours before Patrick got home.


I worked on this tonight. Didn't get to work on it very long. Patrick decided to call it a night earlier than usual. But I'm happy to say it's coming along. I'm getting there...little by little. I will probably try to get some quilting done tomorrow.

Patrick went and got my new workstation from my son's best friend. His mother passed a couple years ago, and he wanted me to have it. His grandfather made it for his mom. I'm honored to take it. It will get good use out of it. Plus I really like it. More draws than I can use but I'm going to organize it so that I can put my boxes in there and have it so one doesn't see my messes - or I can dream.

Keeping up with being Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!!

No comments:

Getting Back To My Sewing Room

This morning, I decided to get back to working on my quilting stuff.  First I needed to clear off my table top to make room for cutting. I t...