Thursday, January 24, 2019

Getting Ready for Patrick's 60th Birthday

Today I needed to work on Patrick's Birthday cake. I had the recipes ready. I couldn't find any coconut cream anywhere in town or at Ikea - not that it would have been there. So, I ended up using the frosting for the filling. Oh, well.

I spent most of the afternoon with the cake.


It's all ready for tomorrow. Wonder if he will cut it before going to work. - Guess I'll find out in the morning. I need to go out and get a card and something to go with it. He wanted something special for his Birthday like a watch or something in that direction. He didn't find what he wanted.

While I was in-between all that I worked on my cross stitching.


I got the pumpkin done and started up the side. I realized I missed the squirrel. I'll try to get that in tomorrow. I'm happy with the progress. I just wish I would make more time to work on it then playing games. But I love my games.

Yesterday was a quiet day till we left to get mom at the airport. I was really surprised at the traffic. We got there early and waited to pick mom up. Her luggage (really ours) was off the plane first. Patrick grabbed them and we waited about 5 mins for mom to get down to the baggage claim. They brought her down in a wheelchair. We walked back to the car and headed to Red Lobster to eat. It was another 45 mins to get there. We arrived, were seated right away, and waited and waited for service. Then we got service and waited and waited to be served with the food. Each time was a longer wait then usual. We were all starved. Finally got home around 9 pm.

So, yesterday was not a good day for stitching or quilting. Today was a day to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Getting Back To My Sewing Room

This morning, I decided to get back to working on my quilting stuff.  First I needed to clear off my table top to make room for cutting. I t...