Monday, January 14, 2019

Hopefully A Quiet Week

This morning was a good morning for me. I started out calling Faye to up-date her on what was going on. We talked about having to purchase fabric for our group. I also told her I had the letter ready to request donations. I'll use it again when I can find another group that I can try to get money to help us out.

I also got laundry going. Once that was going, I TRIED to work on Katt's quilt. I tried out the hoop that was given to me at our embroidery meeting. I don't think I was really in the mood. I did get the two labels put on the two quilts I have here.


I had to sign mine and Susy's. I did find that the one I made, Bill had some trouble with. He ended up with a pucker in the corner. I was disappointed. I really fell bad that that will be given out. I just hope the person that gets it doesn't know a lot about quilts. I hate seeing it in the corner. Next will be getting photos and washing them.


Sophie was keeping me entertained today. It was fun watching her play with her toy.


I was trying to get a good picture of her, but she's not one to let me do that. She moves every time I point the camera or tablet in her direction.

I made a butternut squash soup. It turned out okay. It was something different.

So, after supper I worked on my beading. I wanted to get a little more done. Sharon called me today to see why I wasn't coming up this week. Told her I bought a couple patterns and I have one that I want to do. I want to do the cats for my daughter.


I added three more rows. I found that when I was doing the other technique that the pattern shows - it doesn't seem to be all together. So, about 4 rows in the middle of this has small holes between them. I went back to doing 2 at a time and not 4 at a time. I did learn a lot from that. I can tell there is two techniques, but hoping most people can't. Either way, this is my learner "curve."

Now it's time to head back to working on Katt's quilt hopefully before we call it a night. At least I still know how to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Trying To Do More

This morning Patrick headed to golfing and I got laundry going. I was in pain this morning, and all through the day. I just let it be. It...