Friday, January 11, 2019

It's Usually Said "Three's The Charm

This morning I was up and ready to enjoy the day with Sophie. I didn't have any plans and I knew Sue was coming, so I really didn't want to be in the middle of something.....but then again.

I decided last night to redo my bead work. I had to fix my "word chart" first, because I had the rows going in the opposite direction because of the "oops" I did on Wednesday. Plus I had to add the first three rows. It took a lot of time to fix it. Once all that was done, I clipped my bead work thread and started taking it all apart.....that took a good long time, because apparently I did it good enough that it wouldn't come apart easily. I wanted to use my thread with a different color. Really not crazy about using black thread on this piece. Well, that didn't work, because my thread is a little thinner. I didn't like the way it was going after the two and a half rows done. So, I took it out as well. Again, not so easy but a little quicker. I'm starting to get good at that part.


So, this is the third time! I think this is good. I feel better working on this piece. Like they say, "Three times the charm!" and it really is. The photo shows the different colors, but when I'm working on it, the beads are shinny and it is sometimes hard to see.

Cherry called and wanted to go walking. I joined her and we took a good long walk. I needed to get out and walk after sitting most of the day, either on the computer of at the table doing bead work.

I did some genealogy this morning and I also bought a couple peyote bead patterns. I will work on those. One of the patterns I bought is 364 pages long. I will have to figure out where I can get that printed up. lol  I will need to get a notebook to keep my patterns in. I'll be working on that once I get this one done.

Patrick got home and we went to a movie tonight. "The Up Side" was an awesome movie. I laughed through it, and it was an awesome story. It's top on my list of seeing! I'm so glad I saw it. The trailers didn't do the movie justice. If you haven't seen it, I recommend it.

So, today was another interesting day of Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Worn Out

 Today I slept a little longer after Patrick went golfing. I was wide awake when he went for his shower, but I made myself go back to bed.  ...