Monday, January 21, 2019

Not My Best Day

Today I was up and out the door.

Patrick and I went to meet up with my best friend from High School. Dale Shaw is a very dear friend of mine. Patrick hadn't met him yet, and since he was "trucking" by, he called last night wanting to see us. We went at 8:30 am to see him. We had an awesome visit at Starbucks.

After leaving Dale, Patrick and I came back home. I grabbed all my supplies for Brazilian embroidery. I really wasn't ready to do embroidery. The good thing was that Phyllis brought her thread catchers that needed buttons put on. So, I grabbed a few and sewed buttons on. Then Sandy II (our second Sandy) did a lesson session. We worked on stem stitch and the pistol stitch. I passed out the fabric, and we are stitching little flowers and things in a small area. Then when we have a lot of them done, we will all be sewing them up and put the beads that keep moister out. They are for next years Seminar. We'll keep working on them.

After that went to Safeway to get mom milk, eggs, bread. Well, I called and asked her what kind of bread she wanted......mistake.......as I was at the check out she called back and gave me a very long list of stuff she wanted. So, I went and picked them up for her. I ended up with $50 worth of shopping and that basket wasn't big enough by the time I was done. I got to her house before Sherry who cleans her house.

While she was cleaning the house, I was cutting some white scraps into squares. Then I played a little on the computer. I also went looking for beads to do my project. I will order them. They are a little expensive but I do need them. The most expensive part of the beads is going to be the tassel area. That will be a $40 beading - just for the tassels!

Finally came home around 5 pm. Patrick had the dishwasher hooked up and it looks awesome! He even ran the dishwasher to make sure there were no leaks. I haven't figured out how I will be loading it yet, but I do like the new dishwasher. I need to read the book to see how it works for what I want.

Now, I'm tired. So, it wasn't my best day of being able to work on my crafts. I at least did some stitching today but not enough to say I was Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting

No comments:

One Appointment After Another

This morning we were able to sleep in, but of course, I couldn't. I let Patrick sleep in though. Then I played on my games.  I received ...