Sunday, January 6, 2019

Not Planning On Making This Again

This morning we didn't have any plans, and just enjoyed the morning. Patrick watched his bowling. Since he recorded it, I was able to watch it downstairs.

I worked on the 6" stars, which took a while. It was a major pain with the fabric that is going all one direction. I don't think I will do another stair that has fabric that goes in one direction. This was more of shock to me then anything. I couldn't figure out how the blocks worked out when I was doing the flying geese. I have yet to figure out how the fabric worked out with the different directions.

Once all the stars were done, I was able to cut the strips. I found that I came up a little short on one of the quilts with the strips and sewed two more together to be able to cut 4 more. I will do those tomorrow. I did get the light blue quilt blocks put together.


We laid it out on the floor to figure out how we wanted to put them together. Patrick likes this one, so that's what I'm going to do. It's not sewn together yet. This is the pattern "A Tribute to Yoda" by Lisa Sutherland. I don't care for her instructions, but I do like her quilts.

This quilt was a pain in the rear! I had to make 24 stars - 12 - 12 1/2" and 12 - 6 1/2" stars. Not only did they take forever to do, they were time consuming. They took more time to do then the rest of the quilt. I will not do this again! 12 blocks a quilt is good enough for me when it comes to these stars. I really don't want to do this again!! Yet I still have the second quilt top to put together. I know the pattern I'm going to use, so I need to pay attention to how I set the strips. Since the other blocks it dimensional. UGH!!

The it was time to go bowling. I bowled a 171, 188, and a 207. It felt good to be back to bowling again. At least we won 3 games. We lost the first game by 1 point. We could have won it but three of us couldn't get that 10th frame to save our lives.

Tomorrow is another day - with embroidery - then trying to finish this quilt top. At least I can be Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching

No comments:

Woke In Pain

This morning, I woke in pain. Actually, had pain all night. So, I pretty much didn't do much all day.   I think the pain is from moving ...