Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Presentation Day for QOV

Today I got my stuff ready for our presentation at Sharon Care in Centralia. I took 3 quilts "just in case" and was ready to go.

Picked up Ethel and we were early. So, went to Safeway and got gas. Then headed back to Sharon Care. We arrived and got ready with our plans. The gal there asked if we still could do another veteran or two. I told her we could do one more. She was happy about that and took us to David Eveland. He was a WWII veteran. I sat and talked to him about his service. It was awesome to hear! He was a telephone operator. He was with the group that pushed the Germans out of Sigfrids line. He was south of the Battle of the Bulge. He said he had a rifle but never had to use it. I then went to talk to Steve Smiley who was the one we were prepared to present the quilt to. He wasn't talking much. They were there with the veterans that come to visit every Wednesday to chat with other veterans at Sharon Care.

When Jim came, he went to the dinner room where they were. When I told him we needed to get the men in the activity room, he suggested we do the awards there in the dinning room with the veterans there. So, we did. It was awesome! The veterans that were supporting the center, were a big help. I need to find out where they come from so we can see if they would be willing to do a flag ceremony for us just before our program. It would be so cool to have them helping us out.


This is David Eveland and he's our WWII veteran. When Faye came by, I found out he is the one she had been trying to find. So, now he's been awarded. The other WWII veterans will be presented a quilt on Feb 6th.

After that I came home. I had to go back into town because Sue (who had car trouble and missed the ceremony) wanted to meet up to get the quilt blocks that Georgie did. I needed to go to the bank, so we met there.

I relaxed a while when I got back home. I didn't feel like doing anything after that. So, played a few games.

We went bowling. We lost all three games. Our whole team bombed. I bowled a 158, 157, 163. Not my best bowling but at least I bowled over a 150. Not my night at all. I couldn't get things to work out.

Hopefully tomorrow I can get back to being Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Getting Back To My Sewing Room

This morning, I decided to get back to working on my quilting stuff.  First I needed to clear off my table top to make room for cutting. I t...