Thursday, January 17, 2019

Started The Day Being Lazy....Then It Took Off

This morning I enjoyed being able to sleep in. I really didn't want to get up. Once I did, I just played some games. Kept thinking of what I needed to do, but just didn't feel like it.

I finally got moving! I went downstairs and heated up the room. Then I got my stuff together. I wanted to work on the quilt top I had started before.


I didn't get as much done as I would have liked. I think I added two rows and then I was the mess on the table and by the box. I put that aside and tried to clean up.


Needing to go through all this fabric. I thought I better get working on cutting out more quilts.


And I thought I cleared off my counter.......


The good news is that is wants as bad as I thought. 

I worked on getting the 2 pillow cases that were needed for the two quilts that are quilted and only need the binding. 


Now I have the 2 cases for the 2 quilts that are finished. It didn't take long, but it did take up some time. I was happy to finish these.

I went through the boxes of QOV fabric. I was trying to get them ready to cut.....but then I found strips and 4" squares. I put them all in the same place. I worked on the bigger pieces and put them in the box. I really thought I had half of the box full.....then before I knew it, it was FULL and then some.


The blue box is the box to get rid of stuff. I have been putting stuff in there as I go. I try to throw stuff out when I bring stuff in. It helps on keeping my "stash" down. I still have more stuff to go through. I found some airplane fabric which is now in that fabric pile. I will try to see what I can do with the panels to get them done for Air Force veterans. It would be fun if we could find a few more pilots. lol


I then decided to get some beading done.....well that didn't work out right......I was off. So, I counted the beads - not easy - trust me NOT EASY. As I counted them I realized I was missing the count. Oh, crap, here I go again. So, it was time to take it out. YEP, TAKE IT OUT. This time I wasn't going to take all of it out, just to where I got messed up.


Oh, yea, 6 rows down!! Reminded me of my crocheting.....taking it out all the way down the afghan till I got back to the last few rows were the change came in. Never fails. I put the beads back, and then I put it away. I'm going to start back up tomorrow. Maybe I will get back to getting up there again. I cut the rows (as you can see in the photo).

Now I'm going to call it a day. I'll try to have better luck tomorrow to get something actually done. That's almost Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!!

No comments:

Getting Back To My Sewing Room

This morning, I decided to get back to working on my quilting stuff.  First I needed to clear off my table top to make room for cutting. I t...