Friday, February 1, 2019

A Day With Friends -

Today I was up and running again. I had to go and drop off paperwork to LeDuc's to get help with fundraising for the QOV group. Then I went to moms. It was quilting day. I took my embroidery and beading.


I had to work on the piece for teaching on Monday. This isn't the best but I wanted to get an idea of what I was going to teach the embroidery group. It turned out better than I thought it would. This will be used for those packets that keep things fresh. It's not very big and it will work out great.


Once that was done, I worked on another row and then started another one after that. I need to mark more on the "word chart" for the rest of it. I' almost done with what I already did. I have to put the second page in. I'm happy that it's getting there.

While I was at quilting - I found out Kathy Wagner passed away this week. It broke my heart. She was an awesome lady! She always had a good outlook on life. The past 5 years or so, she fought breast cancer and then her husband was diagnosed with Alzheimers. 6 months ago she had him moved to Olympia in a home that takes care of him. It was hard on her. Then in December just before Christmas she was told she had stage 4 cancer in the bones. They told her she had 6 months. Well, apparently it was less time then that. I will miss her dearly.


Kathy, May God Bless you and keep you! Rest In Peace!

I also found out Ethel had the flu the last week. So I called her. She still wasn't feeling good and didn't realize I needed the quilts bound by Wednesday. She had one almost done. On the way home I stopped and picked up the quilts so we could get them done in time. I need to wash them and label them. After picking them up, I went to the museum and told them we would be doing 3 presentations, and then it was a stop at the groceries. THEN I went home.

I got home at 2:30 pm - a little later than I had planned. I pulled out the quilt that Ethel was working on and got started on finishing the binding. After supper Sophie and I sat in the chair and I finished the binding. Sophie was playing with the quilt and then she finally sat with me and watched me stitch. She'd go after me at times. I don't know why she was so wound up!

I ordered the beads for my Cats Ornament. Guess Patrick got a call asking if our charges were ours. lol

I want to get back to Katt's quilt because this month is when it needs to be done. Now I have the binding to worry about and that doesn't help. I will try to get them done as soon as I can. Mom's coming over tomorrow for the National QOV Sew Day. We will be working on QOV quilts all day tomorrow. I just hope we get a top done so I don't have to worry about another one later.

All in all I was (today) Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Trying To Do More

This morning Patrick headed to golfing and I got laundry going. I was in pain this morning, and all through the day. I just let it be. It...