Sunday, February 17, 2019

Back To QOV Quilt Top

This morning I was up and enjoying the morning. It's nice when I don't have any plans first thing in the morning. Seems like every Sunday now I'm still in my PJ's till around 10 or 11 am. I just like to feel comfortable I guess.

I got some bread going today. Then I went downstairs to work on another QOV quilt. Since we are about 15 quilts behind, I figured I better get back to working on quilt tops. I had the 9 patches that mom and I started. Then I took the stars mom made and tried to see if that would work.


I think it turned out pretty good. I needed a few more stars. Since I didn't have them I decided to do 4 blocks by 5 blocks. That way I can add borders. I found a few 2 1/2" squares that I could do the 9 patches for. I'll put them in the corners and add a strip or 2 with them. I haven't decided it I want to do them in the 4 corners or if I want to do another 9 patch in the middle of the border. May just keep it in the 4 corners. I have half of this put together by rows. I need to do 2 more rows and then sew them all up. I worked on the smaller 9 patches as well. I'll try and get it done this week and then I'll have another quilt to go to Bill. I need to call Judy to see if she has some backing and batting for me.

After all that I came back upstairs. I didn't get anything else done but I was wanting to get started on another beading cat.

After supper it was time to go bowling. I bowled okay. The other team wasn't there and neither was Bailey from our team. So, the 3 of us bowled. We didn't win any games. Patrick was bowling so good. He had a 458 series - worst he's had all season. I bowled a 178, 162, and 199. I tried to go for 2 in the split but it chopped it and I only got 1 to get me the 199. I really wanted that 200 game!

Life is good. Life goes on and I hope dad's watching when we bowl. I do miss him so. It's coming up on a year, and I'm really weepy about it. But I'm remembering him by doing the Quilts of Valor and giving to his brothers and sisters of the military. That keeps me Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!!

No comments:

Woke In Pain

This morning, I woke in pain. Actually, had pain all night. So, I pretty much didn't do much all day.   I think the pain is from moving ...