Saturday, February 9, 2019

It's A Slow Road Back To Normal

It's been a long week. Feeling sick is awesome - in more ways then one. It's taken a slow road to get back to normal - or at least what I can call normal. I haven't seen anyone for almost a week now. I did make a few calls, but not many.

Today I felt a lot better. Not wonderful - but better. I was able to eat today which was a good sign. Not as much as I wanted to eat - but then again that's another good thing. I talked to mom a couple times today as well.

We got SNOW last night. You would have thought it was a blizzard the way everyone freaks out around here. This is nothing compared to the stuff I remember as a kid in Alaska. Dad taught us all how to deal with the snow. Take it slow and if you don't have to go out, then done. Bowling called to say bowling is cancelled for tomorrow. They postponed the travel league till next week. So, all in all, it worked out for me because I wasn't able to go to either tomorrow.


Last night Patrick found my 75 year old cactus. My cat got into it! Sophie and Harley both attacked this plant! I was trying to make it come back after Harley left and after we got Sophie. It loved the living room but I had to move it. It didn't like it, so I moved it back.......and this happened.


Now with only 2 strands that MIGHT make it, I'm trying to grow it again. I'm going to give it to Phil so he can baby it. It's my great grandmother's plant and I seriously don't want to kill it. I pray it will make it and that he can get it to grow healthy again.

After fixing all that, I worked on Katt's quilt.


I'm not doing a lot on the border, and I may add more later, but right now I think this will work. I will see when I get all the way around and see how much time I have left to when she gets here. She's actually going to be given 2 quilts when she gets here, because mom's working on another one of hers as well.

Yesterday when I had the breath and the felling better I worked on my beading.


I put a few stitches in on my cat. At least you can see the ears.


Then I went back to the bird. I took out 2 rows and then put in another 4 rows. I'm finding another way to work on this piece. It's not as easy as the peyote beading. I found this one more work and hard to keep up. I'm getting closer to the second page, and I decided the word chart isn't going to happened on this one. I had it started but then I got off track and messed the last 3 rows that I had planned out. So, I'm now going back to the original pattern line by line. I'm not happy with the way the head is coming out, but it's because of the seed bead color she used. It's actually the same color as the sky.

I'm going to put a few more stitches in on the beads tomorrow if all feels good.

I'm enjoying being back to Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Getting Back To My Sewing Room

This morning, I decided to get back to working on my quilting stuff.  First I needed to clear off my table top to make room for cutting. I t...