Saturday, February 23, 2019

Quilts Of Valor Presentation Day

This morning I was up and getting a few things done before heading to the Veteran's Memorial Museum in Chehalis. Our group - Veteran's Memorial Museum QOV - had a presentation today. We were presenting 6 quilts to veterans. We had over 55 people attend. It was awesome! We had 2 WWII veterans - one turned 100 and she was a nurse. The other is in his 90's. He was a kick. It was hard trying to get him to come because he thought Faye was a telemarketer. She finally was able to tell him he was getting a quilt and it didn't cost him a thing. After talking to his daughter they decided it was real. The family attended and the son brought his service photo along.

I got home around 1 pm. I enjoyed working and chatting with everyone. Jim had Chip give us some names and phone numbers of other members that he wants presented with a quilt. He won't accept a quilt unless they get quilts first. So, I'm working on getting his request done.

I worked a little on the cross stitching.


I got more done in the left side. I didn't get to work much on it. Katt called and she bought a Jeep. So we chatted about her new car. She's wanted a Jeep for a long time. She also coming home in two weeks, so I really need to get back to the quilt. I'm planning on doing that tomorrow.

Mom came over and we went down to Longview for dinner. We had a good time. Then when we got back she left. She didn't want to drive in the dark, so she didn't stay.

I sat and worked on the cross stitch some more. I don't have much done, but I'm working on it. I figure every little bit helps.

So now this week I've got to work on the black and white quilt and get back to finishing a top for QOV. I also want to cut some more for another kit. It should be easy getting these kits done so when I'm ready to sew, I can sew them up! lol - But they are for others that want to do kits.

All's good with being Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!!

No comments:

Getting Back To My Sewing Room

This morning, I decided to get back to working on my quilting stuff.  First I needed to clear off my table top to make room for cutting. I t...