Monday, March 11, 2019

Added The Binding

Yesterday I took the time to cut around the Black and White Quilt. I seriously need to get this done. Katt leaves on Friday or Saturday. After I got all that done, that took a lot out of me.

I'm enjoying my clean room right now though. I was going to cut the sides of the quilt on the floor but since my counter was cleaned up as well - but there is room. Shame I can't seem to keep my room clean once I get it cleaned up. At least I know it will be this way for about a week.

Sue came by and picked up a lot of scraps. So, she's going to work on those for quilts of valor. I was thrilled to see them go. I'll probably just cut out some kits for later.

At least my room looks better then it has for a long time!


On the counter it went.


Of course, Harley had to get in there too.

I waited till this morning to do the binding. I sewed it on the quilt. I had the strips go all the way down the side without having to sew a seam. I also did the mitered corners. I liked how easy it went.

While I worked on stitching the binding, Sophie had to sit right in the spot that I was stitching. So, I didn't get as far as I wanted to but I'm not complaining because I have one side done.

Really didn't do anything else today.

I'm off to the doctors tomorrow. We'll see what's up with this nasty cold. I gave her a "warning" that my meeting tomorrow will also be because of my cold. She got back to me and said we may have to do a chest x-ray and I'm pretty sure that's going to happen. Don't know what we'll figure out, but at least tomorrow I will know what the heck is going on with me.

I did have a good day of Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!!

No comments:

Got A Little Carried Away

 This morning I felt so good. It was the first night since we got back that I have had a good nights sleep. It was good for me. Even though ...