Friday, March 29, 2019

Another Day At A Quilt Groupthen

This morning I slept in for a little bit longer than I wanted to. I got moving with putting the black eyed peas in the crock pot. I had to get everything ready before I left for moms. I also had to get my breakfast, and I couldn't just do something easy like bread.

Once I got moving I was at moms by 9:30 am. Then I took Daisy out for a 30 min walk. We walked around Stillwaters. It was a good walk. While I was walking I ran into Georgie. She wanted to show me her blocks that she's doing for QOV. We walked back to moms and then we visited with the quilters. I got a couple patterns for her. Then mom had some fabric that was donated to us. It had all the color and stuff that Georgie was looking for, so I gave her the bag of donated fabric. She was thrilled. I was too because she's made 60 blocks so far. I'm thrilled to get any blocks! I'll give her next set of blocks to Susy instead of Sue next time.

I worked on my eagle wings.


I finished appliqueing the wing that needed to be done. Then I did the back basting to get them on to the piece. I need to check to see if I have another one marked for back basting as well. If I do, I can put the other one down as well.


This is all ready and needs to be trimmed to do the applique work. I called it good at the part.

Then I helped mom out with placing an order and getting some information that she needed.

Came home around 3:30 pm. Went through all my monopoly pieces from Safeway. I have a few more free things I will pick up tomorrow when we go. I will check to see how many times we can win the pieces on the board. I have 2 sets of $5 wins. Hey, it's a win!

After supper, I pulled out my cross stitching.


I had this much done a couple days ago. It is so close!! So I got working on it tonight.


I was able to get this much more done. I think if I get the chance, I can get this done. It goes really quick at times. I didn't have to take much out which helped tons! lol I really do like the way this is coming and can't wait to call it another finish.

Tomorrow we are going to the play with mom. It should be really good. It's a musical. I'm looking forward to it.

I have been behaving on my eating, os it's looking good. Which leaves me Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!!

No comments:

One Appointment After Another

This morning we were able to sleep in, but of course, I couldn't. I let Patrick sleep in though. Then I played on my games.  I received ...