Monday, March 18, 2019

Enjoying Friends and Embroidery

Today was our embroidery meeting. I needed to go to the bank first. I wanted to go to the heart doctors to get my records for my new doctor. I decided since I was running late, I would do it after embroidery.

We are now meeting at Whalen Quilt Works for Brazilian embroidery. We had 7 of us show up. Three of us stayed till about 1 pm. Usually we leave at 12:30 pm. It might have even been 1:30 pm. I picked up our batting and backing for QOV since Rita had it there for me. We are now set to get quilts done.

We all worked on our pieces. I pulled out my rose and worked on it.


I took out the leaf awhile back. I worked on the leaves on the right. They were a reverse lazy daisy stitch. I liked how easy it was to do them. But they didn't curve with the pattern. I'm not too worried about that.

I then worked on the top leaf after putting the bullions on the three leaf areas. I didn't like the leaf she wanted me to do, so I did another one and like it a ton better. It looks a lot better. It does have the 3D affect this time.

I went over to the office to see about getting my records and was told if I ask for them it will cost me. If I have the doctors office ask for them, it doesn't cost me anything - go figure! So, on Wednesday when I go up for my blood test, I will have them request my records.

Came home to find Patrick already home and working outside. He said he needed to take some time to himself from work. Since his retirement seems to be postponed till they get someone to take his place, he's really not happy about that. So, if he takes time off now and then, it will keep him going.

He brought me my mail package!


My beads arrived!! I'm so happy. I went through and organized them already with the number on them. I have my project beads all together for the Three Wild Birds piece. I'm looking forward to starting it, but at the same time wonder if I can do that much and keep on track. It will be fun to see. Sharon ordered some beads for me because I forgot to put them on the list. I have 3 sets of beads on back order as well.

Now I'm gong to go and work on my cross stitch. I need to see if I can get that done by the weekend. I would love to have it finished after a little over a year. It keeps me Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Got A Little Carried Away

 This morning I felt so good. It was the first night since we got back that I have had a good nights sleep. It was good for me. Even though ...