Saturday, March 30, 2019

Let's Just Say It Was Saturday

Just saying it was Saturday - one of those Saturdays that nothing gets done when I was planning otherwise.

This morning we went shopping. We didn't spend as much as we normally do, because I bought a lot of veggies just a couple days ago. I was limited to what I could get and Patrick wasn't getting much for himself. So, it went pretty quick. And the best part was it didn't cost near as much.

Came home and Patrick went outside to mow the yard. He was surprised at how beautiful the day was. Plus the yard was dry! It's never dry this time of year.

I went walking for my 30 min walk. I stopped to see Toby, whom I haven't seen in over a year. He was looking good. I asked him if I could honor him with a quilt. He said sure and I got him to enter the information on the computer. I can't wait to get his name on our list. He is a Vietnam Vet, so he will be moved up to get his quilt. I have Coast Guard fabric and I seriously need to get that put into a quilt! I might be able to do 2 quilts. I will work on it. We have 4 Coast Guard's that need quilts. That will be next on my list - AFTER I finish my cross stitch!

Got home and realized I needed to get supper started. So, I made Ratatouille Stew. It was one of the recipes Phil gave me. I cut my eggplant and half of it was bad. Ended up making a smaller batch - which was fine with me.


It wasn't bad actually. I had some for supper with Alaska Cod and it worked out great. I have left over since I'm the only one that eats it. Oh, well.

We went to pick mom up and get started on her taxes. Patrick had trouble with her computer - Apple - but finally got that going. Then it was time to get to the play. We went to see "The Secret Garden" and for someone like me that hasn't read the book, it was confusing at first. One it came together it was good. It wasn't one of my favorite shows, but it was a good play. The little girl that played the part (lead) did a really good job.

So, let's just say it's Saturday and nothing ever goes our way!

Now it's close to midnight and it's time to call it a night. Hopefully tomorrow will be a day of Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!!

No comments:

Woke In Pain

This morning, I woke in pain. Actually, had pain all night. So, I pretty much didn't do much all day.   I think the pain is from moving ...