Monday, April 15, 2019

A Day With Friends

This morning I took my time getting ready for my Brazilian embroidery meeting. Called Sherry to see if we could go separately because I needed to go to moms. She agreed.

So, I headed out to see Ethel to pick up some fabric for Faye. Then I went to the BE meeting and we worked on the detached buttonhole stitch. That is not an easy stitch when one doesn't know what they are doing or looking at. But it's an easy stitch once one gets to know it. I enjoy doing it, I just forget how to get started when I need to do it. I didn't get to work on my Rose. I wanted to and then I didn't want to. One of those kind of things. I left early because I needed to get to moms.

Arrived at moms around 12:45 pm. We made lunch and sat and talked. Then went into her computer room to work on her bookkeeping......if you want to call it that. She would adjust with the computer if things didn't come out right. I did what I could. I found June 2018 a problem, but we decided to leave it along. It was taking way too much time. Her client passed away last night at 8:45 pm. Al was a really nice man. He had his problems but he was a nice man. Mom is working on funeral arrangements and getting his stuff in order. He didn't have much of a family. He was adopted and he had a son and a daughter (I think) that mom couldn't find for him a few years back. They changed their names from what she found out. So, there is no way of them knowing he's passed.

I had to leave at 3 pm and didn't get out of there till 3:30 because mom kept coming up with stuff she wanted me to do....."can you do one more thing before you go?" I should just say no and leave, but I know she needed help.

Stopped at Safeway for Shrimp. Wanted to marinate it for the grill. I got that going and Sherry was at the door to walk. We got our walk in. Patrick arrived as we were at the last loop.

After supper I played games, because I hadn't played all night. Patrick wasn't feeling good so he went to bed early. I decided to do some beading - got one part done  - and then realized I still hadn't gotten my QOV stuff in order. So, I have been on the computer working on my QOV paperwork. I have printed a few things but it will have to wait till tomorrow to get them. It's in the room across from our bedroom and Patrick would be awake the minute I turned the knob. At least the paperwork is done, just need to put it in the folder. Sent an email to another veteran to see if he can make it to our presentation.

At least - for a while - I was Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Got A Little Carried Away

 This morning I felt so good. It was the first night since we got back that I have had a good nights sleep. It was good for me. Even though ...