Tuesday, April 9, 2019

A FINISH!!

Today I woke at 7:43 am then closed my eyes and the next thing I knew, the phone was ringing. It was 8:25 am. Sherry called to see if we could walk an hour later then we planned. I told her I just woke up, so that worked for me.

We walked. Got in 4000 steps this morning. It felt good. Got home and decided I would go downstairs to work on another quilt. I have Coast Guard fabric that needs to be used. I am modifying a pattern so I can use the fabric. So, I cut out some fabric - mostly light blue and white. I will cut the Coast Guard fabrics tomorrow. I want to try and get a little in each day. I started to set the cuts for the flying geese. I marked them and they are ready to be sewn - some of them are.


I need to get more cut to put them together. I will do the Coast Guard fabric tomorrow - that will be easy because that is all squares.


I found the fabric that Hildi gave the group for quilt tops. So, I'm going to use this for borders. It really does work. I was happy to see it will work great with this panel piece.


After all that was done, I went back to working on the cross stitching. I finished the piece!! I'm so happy to finally get this done. It didn't take but 15 mins to finish. I had it pretty much done last night but Patrick wanted to go to bed. He hates it when I come to bed after him because I "make too much noise." So, I go to bed and read or play games.

I went looking for the piece I was doing before I started this. It's the Stitcher's Sampler. I thought it was in the bag with my frames. NOPE, so it was search and find. I found it after a few minutes of thinking where I put it. It was in the same place this piece was in!


I finished the box in the bottom and worked on the ribbon on the left side. I was happy to get going on this again. At least I didn't have to take anything out. While I worked on this, I was watching NCIS on Netflix. I'm getting caught up on what I missed. I saw a couple I had already seen, but I'm going down the list from the beginning.

So, all in all, the good news was I was very Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!!

No comments:

Got A Little Carried Away

 This morning I felt so good. It was the first night since we got back that I have had a good nights sleep. It was good for me. Even though ...